[parisc-linux] HP-UX random number generator?

Peter A. Peterson II pedro@flynn.zork.net
Mon, 29 May 2000 13:23:52 -0500

Quoting Andrew Shugg:
> You might like to consider using OpenSSH if you don't have any joy with ssh.
>
> OpenSSH can be compiled[1] without a /dev/*random device by using egd[2], the
> Entropy Gathering Daemon.  OpenSSH also requires installation of zlib and
> openssl though (which is just a bit more effort, but oh well).  I've not used
> egd so can't comment on it, but it's probably worth a go.

I was incorrectly specific. I installed openssh, zlib, and ssleay
already, and in the configure process for openssh it crapped out
looking for /dev/urandom and/or egd. I think i'll look into egd.

Thanks all.

pedro

      "She's laughin in her sleeve, boys;
   I can feel it in my bones."  -- Tom Waits