[parisc-linux] gcc 2.9

willy@thepuffingroup.com willy@thepuffingroup.com
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 19:29:37 -0500

On Sun, Mar 26, 2000 at 04:10:17PM -0500, Mike Brancato wrote:
> I am trying to put Puffin on a 735/125 we have lying around.

erm.... you are aware we're not really ready for end users yet, right?
We don't have a compiler running natively yet (though we may not be too
far away now).  In fact, there's no userspace at all except for what
you compile yourself.

> Does anyone
> have a more step-by-step method of ho to put it on the machine?  I will
> get HPUX 10.20 or 11.0 (i think only 10.20 supports the 735?)

that's correct, 10.20 is the last supported HPUX on the 735.

> plus. does X compile well on pa-risc linux?  can you use the X that comes
> with HPUX in linux? i guess its not necessary to work, people will only be
> able to connect to it thru envizex x stations.

we're about to start discussing X with HP.  stay tuned.