[parisc-linux] PALO and ramdisk micro-howto

Paul Bame bame@endor.fc.hp.com
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 10:44:58 -0700

Grab recent versions of these from CVS:
	palo sources
	linux-2.3/init/main.c
	linux-2.3/arch/parisc/kernel/setup.c

In palo/Makefile, comment out NFSROOT= and uncomment the RAMDISK= line
which assumes your ramdisk is the file ../linux-2.3/ramdisk.bin which
is the way we used to have things.  Make sure you have a ramdisk in that
file (or change RAMDISK=).

Next time you 'make palo' in your linux tree, palo inserts the ramdisk
inside lifimage and constructs a default kernel command line to use the
ramdisk.

I tried both the old ramdisk, and I turned willy's nfsroot into a
ramdisk, and both booted and loaded but died with that
'Kernel panic: Attempted to kill init!' message.  Looks like sash is
being started with some args it doesn't like and exiting with a usage
message.

	-P