[parisc-linux] =?UTF-8?B?UkU6IFtwYXJpc2MtbGludXhdIGZsb3BweSBkaXNrIGRyaXZlIGZv?= =?UTF-8?B?ciBocCAgNzEyLzEwMA==?=

=?UTF-8?B?QUJSQUhBTVMsQUxFWCBULg==?= ABRAHAAT@apci.com
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 07:51:39 -0500

I'm pretty sure I've done this the other way round (taken a workstation
floppy drive and put it a pc). The floppy would have been from a 715/80 or
it could have been an old X-term, but that worked fine.

Hope this helps
Alex
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Mr Alex Abrahams
Technical Analyst
Systems Engineering Support Group
Air Products PLC

Tel:  +44 1932 249939
Fax: +44 1932 258274

-----Original Message-----
From: T.J.Yang [mailto:tjyang@myrealbox.com]
Sent: 20 March 2000 15:08
To: parisc-linux@thepuffingroup.com
Subject: [parisc-linux] floppy disk drive for hp 712/100

Another question for my 712/100 wks.
I am thinking of putting a floppy disk drive into the
empty seond bay. The ioscan output strongly indicate
the floppy disk is a reqular PC floppy drive.

on the hp mother board, the floppy disk connetion cable
looks alright with the pc one but the power cable is
different. It only has two wires while the PC one has
four. (That is why it is imporatent to locate the
712/100 owner's/technical manual).

I don't have the multimeter with me now to check on the
voltage.

Perhaps someone done this before can help me out.

Thanks again

tj