[parisc-linux] HFS linux implementation

Nick Cabatoff ncc@cs.mcgill.ca
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 19:35:35 -0500

(I sent this to Alex deVries and didn't get a response, so I figured I'd
give this list a try instead.)

I'm interested in the possibility of doing a linux module to mount HFS
filesystems (read-only would satisfy me I think, and is a reasonable
target.)

I realize that the port is still in its very early stages, so
I intend to develop the module on the i386 platform and then worry
about getting it working on pa-risc.

I'm hoping you can tell me

- if anyone else is already working on this

- if you think the man pages and the white paper might be insufficient
  for the implementation; they look adequate to me, but I've never
  written a file-system driver before

- if you think it's worth the effort, given that I expect HP-UX systems
  are using LVM now and I don't feel up to the task of trying to handle
  that