[parisc-linux] Lasi Ethernet - update

Helge Deller Helge.Deller@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 01:50:58 +0100

Hi puffins & folks,

I just checked in an updated version of the LASI ethernet-driver, which helps me
to boot my 715/64 into root-nfs and sash...
The code needs more cleanup, but I thought it is better to commit it now, so
other people can at least use it.

In order to get the driver working I wrote own functions for dma_cache_wback()
and dma_cache_inv(), which needs generic clean-up and should of course go
into another source-file (cache.c ?). Phillipp, maybe you want to integrate
them properly ?

During the tests here, it seems, that the current kernel doesn´t handle
ARP-requests properly. When I ping one of the machines, the 715 segfaults at
once with:
  "Unexpected Interruption!: Code=31 regs=..... (Addr=0000000)"
Does this happen on other machines/netcards too ?

Regards,

Helge Deller.