[parisc-linux] Performance

Steve Shack sshack@cln.etc.bc.ca
Wed, 01 Mar 2000 19:54:05 -0800

Michael Shalayeff wrote:

> Making, drinking tea and reading an opus magnum from T. Martin:
> >  Hello,
> >   I know this is off topic for the kernel but I'd like to say a little.
> >
> >  I have a 715/50 and it's been churning along with HP-UX 9.0 (not Y2K so
> > HP says) It's been running setiathome as is a P166 Intel and I'm actually
> > impressed by the math power of that 50mhz chip it outpermes the P166 about
> > 3% .
> >  Just thought a few would like to know.
> >
> >  One other thing I got a 715/75 and it's framebuffer is not 1024x768 as is
> > the 715/50 any suggestions as to what it might be.
> 1280x1024 (;
> or maybe just some other vsync freq?
> cu

Some of the puffins helped me out on this when I first got my 712. If you press tab
while booting up it will cycle through the videomodes.
It might not work on a 715 i'm not sure. But if it does cycle through untill you
find a usable videomode. (many were there but very fuzzy, in the end 1024x768 was
the ONLY one that worked even half way decent.)