[parisc-linux] 735 and rboot

davisg@Celestica.com davisg@Celestica.com
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 12:03:01 -0400

Oops, forgot to send this to the list.
---------------------- Forwarded by George G Davis/CCH/Celestica on 06/22/2000
12:00 PM ---------------------------

George G Davis
06/22/2000 11:57 AM

To:   Alexander Strauss <strauss@astracom.net>
cc:

Subject:  Re: [parisc-linux] 735 and rboot  (Document link: George G Davis)

The Model 735 does indeed still use rboot for booting via LAN and always will -
the rboot
protocol is embedded in the platform LAN IODC firmware. If you're using HP-UX
10.0 or
later as the LAN boot server, you can enable the rbootd server to handle boot
requests
from rboot clients. The HP-UX (10.0 or later) rbootd server converts the rboot
packets to
bootp and forwards them to the bootpd server.

I'm not aware of how to support rboot clients on non-HP-UX boot servers.

Regards,
George

Alexander Strauss <strauss@astracom.net> on 06/22/2000 03:05:23 AM