[parisc-linux] untested but building 64-bit toolchain, issues/questions

Jeffrey A Law law@cygnus.com
Thu, 06 Jul 2000 13:19:09 -0600

  In message <200007061901.MAA10121@milano.cup.hp.com>you write:
  > Jeffrey A Law wrote:
  > > ie, when the "w" is included we have a system that is
  > > capable of running 64bit binaries -- not all hppa2.0 systems can run
  > > 64bit binaries.
  >
  > My brain isn't working that well today...I had the think about this for
  > a minute...let me make it obvious to others.
  >
  > The limiting factor would be the OS.
  > Eg hppa2.0n-linux (or HPUX 10.20) on a system with PA2.0 CPU.
Yup.  There are even versions of hpux11 that are not 64bit capable even
on PA2.0 hardware.  For example, unpatched hpux11.00 wouldn't run 64bit
code on a D/R 390.

jeff