[parisc-linux] Get rid of %r8 linker stubs

willy@vodka.thepuffingroup.com willy@vodka.thepuffingroup.com
Mon, 3 Jul 2000 15:15:39 -0400

On Fri, Jun 23, 2000 at 08:34:43PM +1000, Alan Modra wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>    I nearly forgot to follow up with the results of my kernel build.  It
> was "ld -r" that caused the failure, and the following patch to the kernel
> Makefile cures the build problem for me.  Not tested as I don't have any
> hp hardware.

Applying that patch to the kernel makefile and the r8-patch to the current
CVS binutils-2.10 yields a working kernel.  Thanks, Alan.

--
The Sex Pistols were revolutionaries.  The Bay City Rollers weren't.