[parisc-linux] New defconfig/nfsroot/ramdisk/lifimage available

Matt Taggart taggart@carmen.fc.hp.com
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 17:29:24 -0600

A couple updates...

- I updated the default parisc kernel config to have SCSI disk/tape/cdrom, and
the LASI/SYM53C8XX drivers turned on(and normal I/O for SYM).

- I created a new small root tarball, available at,
ftp://puffin.external.hp.com/pub/parisc/binaries/nfsroot/nfsroot-small-latest.t
ar.gz
I added fdisk, mke2fs, fsck.ext2, and the scsi stuff in /dev

- I created a new ramdisk(4MB) using the above tarball, available at,
ftp://puffin.external.hp.com/pub/parisc/binaries/ramdisks/ramdisk.bin-latest

- I built a new lifimage using the new kernel config, today's kernel cvs bits,
and the above ramdisk. It's available at,
ftp://puffin.external.hp.com/pub/parisc/binaries/kernels/Image-latest

Using this lifimage you should be able to boot your system and
partition/mke2fs/mount/use your scsi disks. Please give it a try and report
successes/failures to the list.

Thanks,

--
Matt Taggart