[parisc-linux] Dual boot?

Paul Bame bame@endor.fc.hp.com
Fri, 07 Jan 2000 15:46:16 -0700

How do people feel about boot models for parisc in the future, for
people who aren't developers?  For the moment I want to ignore whether
we *could* support the model and ignore the technical implications too.

My uninformed guess is that most people will either run Linux or HP-UX
but not dual-boot both on the same hardware.

If a robust dual-boot model for "the masses" can be avoided, it would
simplify some things.  For those of us who *need* dual boot
for development, ramdisks+UFS and/or second disk drives may be
an acceptable inconvenience.

What do people think?

	-Paul Bame