[parisc-linux] Kernel Stack size increase

John Marvin jsm@udlkern.fc.hp.com
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 08:36:00 -0700 (MST)

I just committed code to change the task structure/kernel stack size from
8K to 16K. Willy asked me to do this after I had mentioned to him that
I had observed that we had already crossed the 6K boundary.

We may never actually cross the 8K boundary, but I (and willy agrees)
believe that it is not worth risking at this point (a kernel stack overflow
will cause a variety of hard to track problems, since Linux currently does
not have a redzone for kernel stacks).  Later on in the port we can make
more precise measurements to determine what a safe value for the kernel
stack size should be. There are also other possible designs that could be
considered.

John Marvin
jsm@fc.hp.com