[parisc-linux] Metrics Gathering and Quality Measurements

Alex deVries adevries@linuxcare.com
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 17:53:04 -0500

Dunn RobertE Contr ESC Det 5 /NDSI wrote:
>         What file format would you like.  Linux people probably want Corel.
> I have Word Perfect.  The school will want satan's Word 97 format.  I am
> unsure about posting binary files to the list server.  I can e-mail it
> directly to you.  Does anybody else want a copy?  It will be several weeks
> before I will have it together.  I can tell you, however, based on what I
> have learned thus far, there will be many negatives.  I will attempt to
> identify any of the positive points that I can (for example: this list
> server and bugzilla - thanks Mike -).  Any information the team can provide
> will be most beneficial.

I'd suggest text and postscript.  Send it to me, and if it's on topic
we'll host it on the PA-RISC Linux web pages.

>         Has there been any risk analysis done?  I can see evidence of, at
> least some informal, risk analysis.  The discussions about merging Linus'
> product with parisc attempts to identify some of the risks that may be
> encountered and some of the steps that may be taken to mitigate those risks.

There's certainly risk analysis that gets done on a project-to-project
basis, but it's a very informal practice.

>         Have there been any prioritization of tasks?  Has the team
> identified tasks that will take longer or have greater risk?  If they have,
> have they also identified the earliest possible starting time for these
> tasks?

Ish.  A lot of these get talked about off line.

>         Is there a schedule?  It seems as though the project is just moving
> in a forward direction with the goal of finishing when it can be finished?

That's pretty much it.  It's hard to guarantee any dates when the bulk
of development is done on non-paid time.

>         What role is Linuxcare taking in the project now?  Have there been
> any updates to the Puffingroup website in the last couple of weeks?

The Puffins at Linuxcare has a contract with HP to contribute to some
development.

There will be updates very very soon.  We've been concentrating on
development in recent weeks.

- Alex
--
Alex deVries, Director of Professional Services, The Puffins at
Linuxcare