[parisc-linux] Lan configuration failures

Grant Grundler grundler@cup.hp.com
Tue, 01 Feb 2000 10:14:50 -0800

John Marvin wrote:
> Today some people have seen a couple of failures using the new ram disk
> that willy generated. This new ram disk contains a program that tries
> to configure a network card.  I have tracked down the problems, and
> found them to both be configuration related:
>
>     1) First, you must have CONFIG_INET set. If you don't, the socket
>     call will fail, and you will get a "Bad file number" failure,
>     due to the code trying to do an ioctl call on the -1 returned
>     from the socket call failure.

John,
I found out Mathew Wilcox (bless his soul) changed parisc/config.in
on Saturday (1/29/2000) so CONFIG_INET (and everything else needed
for an A180) is enabled by default.
Basically, I needed to cvs update/rm .config/make oldconfig/...

thanks
grant

Grant Grundler
Unix Development Lab