[parisc-linux] starting 712/80 without keyboard?

Jens Trzaska j_trzaska@gmx.net
Sat, 23 Dec 2000 22:56:44 +0100

Matthew Wilcox wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 23, 2000 at 08:05:07PM +0100, Jens Trzaska wrote:
> > Hello again!
> > Does anyone know if there is a possibility to start a hp 712/80
> > without a keyboard plugged in? I cannot find an option in the
> > bootrom. It always says:
> >       "Failed to initialize a keyboard, SYSTEM HALTED"
>
> another thing which should be in the faq, but isn't.
>
> serial console on the 712 is officially Not Supported.
>
> however, you can do it, if you know what to type.  full details are in
> the mailing list archives somewhere.

That's not what i'm searching for. I do not need the serial console
nor the keyboard. I prefer using ssh. The problem is that i can't
reboot the system from remote when there is no keyboard. I'm
searching for something like a normal award bios has...
'halt on no errors' or something like that. But it it looks as if
there is no option in the boot rom.

regards Jens