[parisc-linux] starting 712/80 without keyboard?

Matthew Wilcox matthew@wil.cx
Sat, 23 Dec 2000 21:27:48 +0000

On Sat, Dec 23, 2000 at 08:05:07PM +0100, Jens Trzaska wrote:
> Hello again!
> Does anyone know if there is a possibility to start a hp 712/80
> without a keyboard plugged in? I cannot find an option in the
> bootrom. It always says:
> 	"Failed to initialize a keyboard, SYSTEM HALTED"

another thing which should be in the faq, but isn't.

serial console on the 712 is officially Not Supported.

however, you can do it, if you know what to type.  full details are in
the mailing list archives somewhere.