[parisc-linux] general questions

Patrick and Tammy Little ptlittle@rose.net
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 19:03:51 -0500

I have pulled down the 386 cross-compile tool kit(precompiled) and linux
latest. I'm what you guys would consider a GREEN-horn at this. Following
the documentation that has been provided I've set up a drive, got it to
boot from the drive, built 2 kernels and I'm currently running the last
one, so if you needed a green-horn test, I qualify.
I'm still a little confused about this port/cross-compile deal though.
The moving over that is left to do, is it done by running stuff through
this cross-comp deal or is most everything that is being done still
C-code editing? Other words, do you need someone with time on there
hands or a C-code editor?
Is the STI-Console still meant to be a messege center only or
Interactive?
Is there anymore doc on how to use the dpkg-cross deal? The README left
me still foggy!
I bought this box with nothing on the hard drive so it was try
Parisc-Linux or buy HP-UX, that's why I am working at this so
hard.         Thanks for your time, Patrick