[parisc-linux] Problems with boot_admin prompt

=?iso-8859-1?Q?R=FCdiger?= Scholz rscholz@hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 00:31:13 +0100

Hello everybody,

I have a hp 715/100, which works quite well with PARISC-Linux. Usually
it boots with tftp over my local network. So I switch the primary boot
path to lan at the boot_admin prompt.
Yesterday I tried to install the palinux-0.5.iso-Image on the harddisk.
I booted the machine over net and followed the instructions in
README.INSTALL. Then I partitioned the drive with fdisk. After
installing the Base-Package and the PALO-Bootloader, I rebooted the
machine.
But now the boot_admin prompt doesn't appear anymore, so I can't change
the boot path to scsi!

The Box boots over the network yet, but how can I access the boot_admin
prompt? All I get is a black screen, when I switch the machine on. I
used the Serial Console, because the STI-Console doesn't work for me
(Another question: Does anybody got a working STI-Con on such a box ?).

Can somebody help me?