[parisc-linux] Recent CVS kernel: boot failure on 715/50 & inb() undefined

Matthew Wilcox matthew@wil.cx
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 22:32:56 +0000

On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 11:18:24PM +0100, Daniel Engstrom wrote:
> Also: I had to tweak the kernel a bit so it would link, because inb()
> and outb() was undefined (referenced in driverd/cher/mem.c and
> drivers/char/serial.c).

OK, this is Alan Cox's fault :-)  He insists that inb et al should not
have dummy defines, but the drivers should be fixed instead.  please send
your .config.

> I could see that the code in mem.c had some '#if !defined(__mc68000__)'
> around them, perhaps there should be a CONFIG_PORT_IO #define to test for
> which could be undefined on machines such as the 715 without a wax driver.

possibly, it's difficult to say wihout knowing exactly what's going wrong.