[parisc-linux] [firstname.lastname@example.org: linux-2.4.0-test7]
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 10:33:33 -0400
Linus has actually started keeping alan-style changelogs. so i'm going
to forward them here.
btw, what do people think about just pushing the current parisc-specific
pieces to Linus right now? i know the kernel doesn't work terribly
well right now and we're going to want to change it a lot, but it would
ensure that people who go around changing all the architectures update
our stuff at the same time.
----- Forwarded message from Linus Torvalds <email@example.com> -----
X-Authentication-Warning: penguin.transmeta.com: torvalds owned process doing -bs
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 19:55:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: Linus Torvalds <firstname.lastname@example.org>
To: Kernel Mailing List <email@example.com>
- fix PCI resource bug that crept in in test6 due to the new
requirements to handle multiple bus regions transparently
- ll_rw_block documentation
- sound driver module counting bugfix and cleanup (move to named
- directory rename bug fix for busy directories (oops)
- allow "init_new_context()" to fail - it can do so on some
architectures when out of memory.
- networking updates - TCP retransmission and ordering logic
- fix strsep(). Not that anybody cared.
- fix modversions.h generation ("make -j dep" works now)
- finish 64-bit VFS: getdents64 and fcntl64 (getdents64 also adds
the "file type" to the readdir data - VFS layer change. fcntl64
allows 64-bit file locking)
- Intel i810 watchdog driver and NS DP83810 network driver
- dup2() cannot screw up the file table with threads any more.
- nfs_commit_rpcsetup() signed comparison bugfix and cleanup
- sparc updates and TLB invalidation fix
- networking updates (less verbose on the new reordering messages)
- network driver Makefile cleanup
- Fix segment copy on fork.
- tsk->files race fixes: close-on-exec etc.
- sound #define cleanups
- fs/proc/array.c task_lock cleanup
- "USE_STANDARD_AS_RULE" - generic Rules.make as rule
- arm update (arch/arm, asm-arm, drivers/acorn, Documentation/arm etc)
- eicon ISDN driver update (big).
- serial.c warnings removal.
- compilation fixes under different configurations..
- bounds checking for hpfs code page index.
- sparc64 bugfix for atomic_dec_and_lock. Oops. And use flock64.
- FAT missed the d_type thing from readdir.
- fix tsk->files race fixes from -pre3 ("struct files_struct", not
"struct file" and make sure to register the socket fs before we
use a pointer to it)
- ns558.c: don't leave the driver registered after a failed module
load. Either return success, or unregister the PCI driver. And
don't leak IO port allocations.
- USB OHCI controller fixes for oopses due to races..
- usb updates
- 3c59x driver update
- VIA KX-133/KT-133 chipset detection and AGP bridge support
- raid/raw-io cleanup: use generic_make_request instead of ll_rw_block.
- Emu10k1 sound driver update
- i2c-old compile fix.
- sparc updates (pte_pagenr cleanups)
- make ipv6 loadable as a module together with CONFIG_INET_ECN
- get rid of bdf_prm.b_un.age_super - it just confused the buffer aging
- smbfs knows about nls and ascii mount options
- small joystick driver updates
- make sure to mark inode dirty after having changed the size!
- hgafb documentation update
- Pentium/MMX has a good IO-APIC
- APIC detection (aka "try to boot the SMP kernel even on buggy UP
boards that claim SMP.")
- alpha time.c epoch calculations. Again.
- report where the memory region information came from.
- sparc updates
- file locking: fix deadlock detection and EOVERFLOW
- network bugfixes
- md readahead was getting confused about bytes vs pages
- DRM and AGP fixes
- xircom_tulip.c: don't corrupt the timer list on suspend
- PCI /proc interface buffer overrun fix
- ISDN updates
- DAC960 update
- fork: get CLONE_PTRACE right (SIGSTOP the child)
- block_all_signals()/unblock_all_signals() interface to allow drivers to
react nicely to signals that happen to a process that owns driver data.
Read: direct rendering lock handling.
- ThunderLAN update (timer fixes, full-duplex, activity-led)
- Fix NFS oops on removing negative dentry. Honour rsize for directory read.
- usb updates
- scheduler wakeup race fix.
- move radio/tv cards to drivers/media, cleaning up drivers/char
- move "input" layer to drivers/input, cleaning up drivers/usb
- Cirrus SoundFusion CS4280/461x sound driver.
- proper camera locking in usb/dc2xx.c
- USB printer driver update (Printer Protocol 3 and timeout handling)
- usbkbd.c syntax error fix. USB config messages change. pegasus update
- digiboard driver update. Yes, people, it's still being used.
- make elvtune not break any more now that "maxbomb" isn't used.
- sparc updates
- tunneling driver, aka "ethertap done right".
- pcmcia/cs.c: only call the reset handle if valid.
- net/sunrpc/sched.c: fix two rpc_wait_queue hangups
- AMD Duron cpuid errata forward port
- get_close_on_exec() only needs the read lock, not write lock
- get rid of unnecessary kernel lock in fork()
- MCA planar POS-register /proc support
- drivers/media configuration fixup (menuconfig is happy again)
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/
----- End forwarded message -----
Revolutions do not require corporate support.