linux-2.3 rhirst

Matthew Wilcox matthew@wil.cx
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 09:58:15 -0400

On Thu, Aug 24, 2000 at 02:56:04AM -0600, Richard Hirst wrote:
> Log message:
> Changed to use pci_alloc_consistent, pci_map_single, etc. using patches
> from Bob Pflederer.  Handles systems with and without consistent memory,
> based on whether or not pci_alloc_consistent() fails.

> pci_alloc_consistent() always succeeds atm, so I have patched the driver
> to fall back to dma_cache_wback/inv regardless.

that's no longer the case since Tuesday :-)

pci_alloc_consistent will now fail on PCX-S and PCX-T machines.  PCX-L
and PCX-L2 machines set the hppa_dma_ops to succeed (use Uncacheable
pages) and PCX-T', PCX-U and upwards all have IOMMUs that will set the
hppa_dma_ops to something appropriate.

i'm sure that the tables in the kernel for mapping from hversion to cpu
type are currently broken.  i'm going to fix that today (now that i have
the tables we're currently using in the hwdb).