[parisc-linux] cross compiling glibc

Sam Creasey sammy@sammy.net
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 10:18:30 -0400 (EDT)

Ok, according to CVS, my tree is now entirely sync'd with the repository
for glibc.

And I just built glibc right "out of the box".

Hopefully this procedure will work for you:

(checkout glibc)
cd glibc
mkdir hppa1.1-linux
cd hppa1.1-linux

../configure --disable-shared --disable-profile --enable-static-nss
--build=i686-linux --host=hppa1.1-linux --disable-sanity-checks

make

(yes, the entire make should actually happen right now -- though
nss/makedb still won't compile without the binutils fix I just checked
in).

make install install_root=/raid/hp/root MAKEINFO=

This runs in install into the root for my 712's NFS mount.
The MAKEINFO= is important, it keeps it from trying to build the manuals,
which doesn't work without the addon.

Hope it goes as smoothly for anyone else.

-- Sam