[parisc-linux] What am I missing?!?

emolitor@molitor.org emolitor@molitor.org
Sat, 25 Sep 1999 00:18:05 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 24 Sep 1999, John Delisle wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've got two HP boxes..

I only have one.

> Want to run linux on em.

Me too!

> I run linux on many other boxes.

Me too!

>I'm trying to find an HP parisc distro or something, but am having
> no luck!!

None exists at this time.

> Can anyone point me to a FAQ, a distro, where to get linux for
> parisc, or something?? Please!?

Ok, here it is...

<-------------------------------------------------------------->

Linux PA-Risc Linux Kernel and Distribution FAQ
Rev 0.0000001 Alpha
by Eric Molitor (eric@molitor.org)

   1) Where can I download a PA-Risc Linux Distribution?
   2) How can I create a PA-Risc Linux Distribution?
   3) How can I find a complete and functional kernel for PA-Risc?

ANSWERS

1) Where can I download a PA-Risc Linux Distribution?

   You can't, it doesn't exist yet.

2) How can I create a PA-Risc Linux Distribution?

   Find a functioning kernel first.

3) How can I find a complete and functional kernel for PA-Risc?

   I. Grab source from CVS
   II. Start Hacking