THANK YOU for the Linuxdays (fwd)

Matthew Wilcox Matthew.Wilcox@genedata.com
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 18:49:32 +0200

On Wed, Sep 08, 1999 at 10:03:31AM -0500, Ross J. Reedstrom wrote:
> Ob.PA-RISC: Sorry my first post here is off topic. Perhaps I can
> salvage that.  I've just aquired what I believe to be a HP9000 730/66
> a.k.a. 'King Cobra' workstation. I haven't much time to play with it
> right now, but I _will_ be following this list, and trying to get your
> work up and running on it. Hopefully, this isn't too different from other
> 7XX machines. Anyone know of any 'gotcha's ? (Oh, and I have zero HP/UX
> experience (all Irix and Linux background).

Maybe this will be OK.  It's PA-RISC 1.1a, a PA7000 processor like the
705/710/720/750 rather than the PA7100LC as the 712/715/etc machines have.
We have docs on the 7100 and 7300 CPUs on the website, but no docs on
the 7000.  I suspect that getting documentation on this CPU will be
low-priority; even lower priority than the HIL keyboard driver :-)
So it may work, but don't be surprised if it doesn't.

--
Matthew Wilcox <willy@bofh.ai>
"Windows and MacOS are products, contrived by engineers in the service of