PCI-like busses

Philipp Rumpf prumpf@suse.de
Fri, 3 Sep 1999 20:46:34 +0200

> > So:  Are there parisc boxen with more than one type of interface to PCI-like
> > busses?
>
> B/C/D class boxen haben PCI u. EISA (u. GSC) "slots".
> Since learning EISA/ISA busses are "PCI-like", the answer is "yes".

Of course, strictly speaking we could separate between pci busses (where we
have configuration space accesses) and isa-like busses (where we don't).  I
don't see any advantage.  For port accesses, we don't have to separate.

> And if this answer is right, then I'll put back the "multi-bus type"
> support in pci.h. I don't get how EISA would use these services
> (perhaps just the IRQ stuff?) but I'll trust you on that.

Remember I still want to remove the IRQ handling out of struct pci_bus_ops.

> Yes - but I'm only aware of K/T class "form factor" (shape/size).
> These won't normally fit in the A/B/C/D class boxes which also have

The Dino-on-a-card I have in the A180C is quite long, yes.

> (Next week I'll see if I can wedge the K-class one into a workstation
> anyway)

Don't destroy any hardware ;)

	Philipp Rumpf