[parisc-linux] HP3000 928LX Support? (fwd)

Bill Katz (William) billk@sr.hp.com
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 14:23:28 -0700 (PDT)

Stan Seiler wrote:

|> > HP3000 systems are not PA-RISC systems. They use the Motorola 68000 CPU
|> Firmware is different but many of the platform components
|> are the same as K and T class machines.
|

|The HP 3000/928 is a PA-RISC system (48 MHz PA7100LC (PCX-L)),
|with HP-PB I/O (2 slots), 64 KB of integrated cache, floating point
|co-processor, and a max memory of 512 MB.
|
|It's 100% identical to the HP 9000 E25 (2-slot HP-PB model).

Oh, so it's a Wright Brothers :)  In that case your luck ought to be
pretty good if you only care about:

1) Internal LASI based LAN and SCSI

2) RS232 connected console

It will never support graphics.  But it's so close to a 712 that it should
certainly boot.  And the suggestion taht you trade it for something
more closely resembling a workstation is certainly valid.

	-Bill