[parisc-linux] HP3000 928LX Support? (fwd)

Grant Grundler grundler@cup.hp.com
Wed, 01 Sep 1999 11:51:36 -0700

Bill Katz "(William)" wrote:
> However the unit could be old enough that it has I/O cards based on the
> CIO or NIO (aka HP -pricision) bus.  It is unlikely anyone will ever bother
> writing Linux drivers for those cards.

The whole point of linux is to use what's cheap and available.
I would rather say:
	It is unlikely anyone *in HP* will ever *get paid for* writing
	Linux drivers for CIO or NIO cards.

However, if documentation isn't publicly available, it would be
pretty "challenging" for someone outside HP to do anything with HP-PB.
And someone in HP might actually be masochistic enough to make
parisc-linux boot/scan on NIO bus machines. ;^)

grant

Grant Grundler
Communications Infrastructure Computer Operations
+1.408.447.7253