[parisc-linux] Boot messages from C3000 console

Alex deVries adevries@thepuffingroup.com
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 22:33:15 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 21 Oct 1999, Frank Rowand wrote:
> Ok, tirade mode off.  This is where my newbie status becomes apparent.  Please
> excuse any foot in mouth here.  I looked at the Puffin web page and didn't
> notice anything about the process of making sure that code that is submitted
> has some minimal level of quality.  Is it just a matter of the community
> applying peer pressure?

In fact, it's *ALL* about the community applying pressure.

If the code in head.S is a bit rough, remember that it was just about the
first PA-RISC assembler that Helge or Philipp had ever written, so do keep
that in mind.  Also, at the start of the project, there was a very
conscious effort to only be concerned with 1.1 code.  It doesn't surprise
me in the least that it's not 2.0 compliant.

I agree that the code is unreadable though;  I've simply passed it off on
not being able to understand parisc assembler well enough.

We'd all appreciate it if you could commit appropriate changes to make the
code clearer.

- Alex