[parisc-linux] Boot messages from C3000 console

Jason Eckhardt jle@cygnus.com
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 19:23:20 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 21 Oct 1999, Frank Rowand wrote:

>   read it.  To decode the procedure call I had to know where to find
>   documentation for page zero, know what PDCE_PROC is, figure out what PDC
>   procedure was being called.
> This is where my newbie status becomes apparent.

   Yes.

> excuse any foot in mouth here.  I looked at the Puffin web page and didn't
> notice anything about the process of making sure that code that is submitted
> has some minimal level of quality.  Is it just a matter of the community
> applying peer pressure?

  We could institute ECN's (engineering change notices, for those of you
  who've never worked for HP) if that would help :)...

  But seriously, this is an important concern. Normally, there would be
  a "maintainer" who would review code for accuracy, cleanliness, quality,
  etc. before allowing it to be checked in. That person was me at one time,
  but due to tremendous time pressures, I gave up on that.

  jason.