[parisc-linux] depi?

Philipp Rumpf Philipp.H.Rumpf@mathe.stud.uni-erlangen.de
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 18:17:11 +0100

> > I think it was done to simplify the syscall interface.

> Nope.  Maybe we'll need a slightly different syscall entry path depending
> on where the kernel ends up, but choosing where the kernel lives will have
> no material effect on syscalls.  About the only place which is undesirable
> for the kernel to live is 0xc000'0000 :-)

Actually, that's not even true because of our space register usage.  IIRC the
syscall page is at SR7 / 0xc000 0000 (SR7 may be written to in PL 0 only) so
there is nothing preventing us from setting the space register to something
different from 0x0000 0000 and managing a TLB entry for it - nothing but lazi-
ness, that is.

	Philipp Rumpf