[parisc-linux] depi?

Matthew Wilcox Matthew.Wilcox@genedata.com
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 13:39:19 +0100

On Mon, Nov 15, 1999 at 07:26:49PM -0500, John David Anglin wrote:
> I think it was done to simplify the syscall interface.

Nope.  Maybe we'll need a slightly different syscall entry path depending
on where the kernel ends up, but choosing where the kernel lives will have
no material effect on syscalls.  About the only place which is undesirable
for the kernel to live is 0xc000'0000 :-)

--
Matthew Wilcox <willy@bofh.ai>
"Windows and MacOS are products, contrived by engineers in the service of