[parisc-linux] hp700.c and hp800.c ?

Philipp Rumpf Philipp.H.Rumpf@mathe.stud.uni-erlangen.de
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 08:33:10 +0100

> > Do we really need hp700.c and hp800.c in arch/parisc/kernel ?
> I sure hope not.

We don't, and there are more files in arch/parisc we don't need.  IMO,
these are:

most of /boot as we really should include nothing more than a minimal boot
  loader in the kernel sources

kernel/hp700.c
kernel/hp800.c
kernel/unaligned.c (unaligned data references are unpredictable behaviour
	iirc, so we shouldn't pretend to handle them correctly but have a
	nice clean debuggable Oops)
mm/pa11.c
mm/pa20.c (the differences between PA1.1 and PA2.0(narrow) are minimal,
	and the current files are as overgeneralized as it was necessary
	to overgeneralize to support all MIPS architectures)

	Philipp Rumpf