[parisc-linux] 715 useful

Matthew Wilcox Matthew.Wilcox@genedata.com
Sat, 13 Nov 1999 19:21:50 +0100

I've got keyboard input working on the 715/33 (should also work on 715/50
and 715/75).  There's still some bits which I don't want to commit, so you
can ftp those from
puffin.external.hp.com/pub/parisc/src/patch-715-19991113
if you want to type amazing sash commands on your 715.  try `help' as your
first one.

For the machines which have ASP, am I right in saying they have no other
sources of interrupts?  ie what I want to do is:

if we detect an ASP, set the interrupt routine to load the IRR from ASP
and then only make one pass through do_irq_mask instead of two.

This lets me not bother which irq line ASP is interrupting on, at the
expense of not being able to take interrupts from any other source.
And it'll reduce interrupt latency on those older machines with ASP,
so it seems like a win, unless I'm wrong and it's possible to add other
sources of interrupt to them.

--
Matthew Wilcox <willy@bofh.ai>
"Windows and MacOS are products, contrived by engineers in the service of