[parisc-linux] keyboard adventures

Philipp Rumpf Philipp.H.Rumpf@mathe.stud.uni-erlangen.de
Sat, 13 Nov 1999 05:40:47 +0100

So, I got PS/2 keyboards pretty much working tonight.  The first major discov-
ery was the 8042-compatible chip used on i386s and most other architectures
translates the AT scancodes the keyboard sends to XT scancodes to send on to
the CPU  -  Lasi doesn't do that, but we do it in software to be able to use
i386's keymaps.

I copied large parts of pc_keyb.c in keyb_at.c which deals with AT->XT trans-
lation as well as providing the XT table interfaces so you should be able to
load keymaps aso.

SysRq seems to work well (well, SysRq-P (show regs) and SysRq-B (reboot) do),
the characters printed (-- %c --) match the key label.

I hope SysRq will be of some use in debugging some of the stuff I'm planning
to do, and we might even end up porting parts of kdb  -  so lots of fun ahead.

	Philipp Rumpf