[parisc-linux] _end symbol in parisc linux?

Jeffrey A Law law@cygnus.com
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 10:32:26 -0700

  In message <199911111614.JAA19293@debian.fc.hp.com>you write:
  > Perhaps you'd be kind enough to write a scrap of assembly magic
  > which performs the subspace trick you mentioned earlier?  Yeah
  > it may be ugly and still language-system dependent, but without access
  > to the SOM header at boot time there's not a prettier option.

	.space $PRIVATE$
	.subspa $AFTERBSS$,QUAD=1,ALIGN=8,ACCESS=31,ZERO,SORT=83
_end:

Or something close to that.

What it does is create a new data section $AFTERBSS$ which has a sort key
greater than $BSS$ ($BSS$'s sort key is 82).  Within that section we define
one symbol "_end".

jeff