[parisc-linux] _end symbol in parisc linux?

Paul Bame bame@debian.fc.hp.com
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 09:14:38 -0700

= Parse the som exec header.

I guess I mangled my earlier note.  I also want a language-system
independent method since we'll not always be wedded to SOM.  More
urgently, the SOM header is apparently unavailable to a program
launched from the hpux bootloader.  I just checked, and HP-UX doesn't
parse the SOM header either -- it uses _end and _edata.

Perhaps you'd be kind enough to write a scrap of assembly magic
which performs the subspace trick you mentioned earlier?  Yeah
it may be ugly and still language-system dependent, but without access
to the SOM header at boot time there's not a prettier option.

Thanks!

	-P