[hppa-linux] syscall work

Michael Shalayeff mickey@lucifier.dial-up.user.akula.net
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 15:41:40 -0500 (EST)

re
okie, but why emulating gate instruction, when there is already such
instruction exist? (;
page w/ gate instructions needed for existing (3 already) operating systems
compatibility, so it's needed anyway, and btw having the gateway
page mapped (and only one) could result in that it's tlb mapping would
persist in the tlb improving perfomance, while doing if() would
always penilize. this needs actual measurement, but i beleive certain
cases w/ many syscalls being called should be very possible.
cu

Making, drinking tea and reading an opus magnum from Stan Sieler:

--
    paranoic mickey       (my employers have changed but, the name has remained)