[hppa-linux] libmilli and linker scripts

Mike Shaver shaver@netscape.com
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 17:34:43 -0500

I'm making progress on getting the kernel to compile, and it's now
attempting to link, but I'm confounded by my expected foes:

1) millicode bits:
  net/network.a(socket.o): In function `proto_init':
  socket.o(.text+0x144): undefined reference to `$$dyncall'
and thousands more like it, and $$divI, $$divU and $$remU in the serial
code.  Is there some millicode assembly we could purloin, or should we
write our own somehow?  (Or maybe fix the compiler to do it all inline?)

2) the total absence of a linker script.  Anyone have ideas on:
kernel-in-memory layout, preferably by section?

Mike

--
87277.19 78688.20