[parisc-linux] Booting from CD...

Matthew Earley mearley@nortelnetworks.com
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 16:40:35 -0400

Alex deVries wrote:

> How do PA RISC machines manage booting from CD?  How does one create
> such a CD?

I am doing that as I read your post.  The Ignite-UX toolkit available on
software.hp.com has the tools to do this.  See make_medialif.  I make a
HFS file images that have Ignite golden images and SD software depots.
make_medialif creates the LIF file with the INSTALL boot and Ignite
config stuff. The instl_combine command wraps the LIF file containing
the INSTLALL kernel and INSTALLFS filesystem around my HFS image file. I
then use cdrecord to write the whole enchilada to CD-R.

Matt
--
Matt Earley  nortelnetworks.com