[parisc-linux] Trying to get HP-UX working

Alan Cox alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 00:19:58 +0100 (BST)

>  >I can't however get HP/UX to set up an interface
>  >
>  >	194.168.151.23 netmask 255.255.255.224
>
> Are you getting errors or do you just need to know where to make changes?
> If it's the former, post the errors and maybe someone can help. If its the
> latter, you probably want to edit /etc/rc.config.d/netconf

Umm webconsole doesnt support cut/paste

ifconfig lan0 194.168.151.23 netmask 255.255.255.224
ifconfig: ioctl (SIOCSIFNETMASK): bad value

Which is kind of a problem

> for distribution. Rebuilding a system from one of these CD's only takes
> about 20 minutes. The image could be rebuilt fairly easily if it needed to
> be updated.  I can also help with this if needed.
>
> What does everyone think?

A set of GNU tools for HP/UX in a easy format is probably going to make many
HP/UX users happy too - SCO has the "skunkware" CD which is basically a
GNU brain transplant or SCO and is a similar idea.

Alan