[parisc-linux] Lasi and Dino documentation!

Grant Grundler grundler@cup.hp.com
Fri, 04 Jun 1999 08:54:37 -0700

Alex deVries wrote:

> I'm very happy to announce HP's release of the two pricipal device
> controller chips inside the A180C, Dino and Lasi.

Alright! (now I can talk about them!)

> Dino is the GSC to PCI bridge found on the A180C,

Also found on B, C, and J-class machines.
Newer B/C  (eg C200+) class have built-in PCI LAN/SCSI below GSCtoPCI.
So support is required to boot from built-in devices.

Also found on several networking HSC cards. Aka "Card-mode Dino".
Can be found in D, K and T-class. (eg. Dual Port HSC 100BT)

I'm very familiar with how this chip works and will try
to answer questions in my spare time.

grant