[parisc-linux] howto boot test kernel

Ingo Matthaes imatthae@grcbd508.grc.hp.com
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 14:45:17 +0200

On Tue, Jul 27, 1999 at 02:27:43PM +0200, valery brasseur wrote:
> I have on old 712, I would like to make a try to linux kernel.
> What did I need and how to setup things for booting the kernel, and
> maybe giving some help on developpment.( I have other stations/server
> under HPUX 10.20 where I can put a developement env?)

I've tried it successfully on my 715/33 using a bootp server.
Just use the cvs-linux tree, install gcc-2.8.1 or whatever with
binutils and GNU make.
For make menuconfig you have to install ncurses too.
Just type make dep boot and copy linux/arch/parisc/boot/Image to
the path specified in bootptab and thats it.

  Ingo

P.S. dd if=Image of=/dev/rdsk/blafasel works too, but the first
     solution is more useful :-)

--
Ingo Matthaes
HP-UX Net und Linux Support