Antwort: [parisc-linux] serial console

Ulrich.Strelow@schering.de Ulrich.Strelow@schering.de
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 16:22:37 +0200

Today I have managed to setup my 715/33 to use a serial console so that I
am able to capture the boot messages for future tests. I did the following:

1. Connect the 715/33 to a PC via a null-modem cable.
2. Hold down the ESC key to stop the automatic selection process.
3. Enter "a" to get the BOOT_ADMIN> prompt
4. At this prompt issue the command: PATH console rs232_a

This switches the console path from "graphics_1" to the first serial port
(/dev/tty0p0 in HP-UX language).

I hope this helps. Maybe the syntax is different on other workstation
models (I think the 800 server models use the hardware path instead of
symbolic names).

Ulrich
Ulrich Strelow
<ulrich.strelow@schering.de or