[parisc-linux] Trouble building CVS binutils

Jeffrey A Law law@cygnus.com
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 10:42:25 -0700

  In message <19991230122228.U12629@thepuffingroup.com>you write:
  > > No released version of gcc supports hpux11 yet.
  >
  > oops, didn't realise that.  i should build binaries on hpux-10 to run
  > them on hpux 11?
It's not the binaries that are the problem, but the changes HP made to their
header files for hpux11.  So using hpux10 binaries doesn't solve the problem.

[ There's some other hpux11 changes that effect C++ and shared libraries, but I
  don't think those changes would effect what you're doing. ]

I put hpux11 support into the GCC development tree over the summer; it should
be possible to take that code and retrofit it into gcc-2.95.x.

jeff