[parisc-linux] Thanks...alot

Eric Schnoebelen eric@cirr.com
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 11:36:07 -0600

tom@piace.com writes:
- I was able to boot into single user mode, and edit the password file.  It
- took a while to find a terminal program for my computer, that would let me
- run vi correctly.  Thanks for all your help.

	You realize you did more work than required, right??
Since you were running as root at single user, you could have
used the `passwd' command to change roots password.

	On the other hand, its always good to know enough of
`ed(1)' to be able to fix things like this no matter what sort
of terminal you have..

--
Eric Schnoebelen		eric@cirr.com 		http://www.cirr.com
If bankers can count, how come they have eight windows and only four tellers?