[parisc-linux] Trouble building CVS binutils

Matthew Wilcox willy@thepuffingroup.com
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 12:16:55 -0500

I just attempted to build the binutils in CVS and ran across this problem.
When building bfd/hpux-core.c, it stops with a parse error before uint64_t
which is used in one of the hpux header files.  <sys/_inttypes.h>
does not define this type unless the __STDC_EXT__ symbol is defined.
I added this symbol to the egcs spec file and binutils now builds, but
I'm not sure this is the most appropriate fix.  It probably is, since
HPUX's headers seem to use this as a sign that the compiler supports
`long long', but I'm not sure if that's the only thing it means.

Now back to finding out why nm no longer likes to work on vmlinux...

--
"If I abstain from fun and such,
 I'll probably amount to much;