[parisc-linux] cd-rom

Jan Bergman jb@sapin.irfu.se
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 01:22:09 +0100 (MET)

> I need to load 10.02 and am having problems mounting a NEC cdr-1410a cd-rom
> on my system (9000/712).  Any advice on where to go for help would be
> appreciated.  (SAM sees the device but I can't mount it).
>
> thanks

Maybe a stupid question, but I have had similar problems with a floppy drive.
Have you tried to mount it "by hand"? I.e. not using SAM, "mount /dev/dsk/c0tXd0 /cdrom"
where X is the SCSI ID. There might (but probably not) also be a conflict
with the SCSI ID. Does "ioscan" see the device? Try to boot from the CD,
if that doesn't work then I don't know.

/Jan Bergman
jb@irfu.se