[parisc-linux] How to set serial console on 712 (fwd)

Tom Gallagher teg@cableinet.co.uk
Fri, 24 Dec 1999 08:19:06 +0000

I seem to have managed to set my console on my 712 to be neither serial
or graphics.  When HPUX boots it seems to detect the console is serial
and I get a login prompt and console messages on my serial terminal, but
it is not really the console as I see no messages from ISL etc on the
serial port.
I think I incorrectly typed the console path when I changed it :( .

The machine boots fine and I can telnet to it etc, but I have no way of
accessing the PDC/ISL.  Before I managed to do this I upgraded it to the
lastest firmware.

Is there some HPUX (10.20) command or trick to alter PDC? ISL?
information to reset my console to a sane state?

I have tried unplugging the keyboard/disks/LAN pretty much everything
really to try to reset it to some factory default.

Thanks.

From Tom

(PS Not strictly on topic, but I would really like to assist in the PA
RISC port as a tester etc and I cannot do this without access to
console!).