[parisc-linux] Linux port for 800 series

Hugo.van.der.Kooij@caiw.nl Hugo.van.der.Kooij@caiw.nl
Fri, 24 Dec 1999 00:39:55 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 23 Dec 1999, Matthew Wilcox wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 23, 1999 at 03:15:23PM -0700, Mark Newnham wrote:
> > Just a very general question:
> >
> > How is the linux port doing for the 800 series machines? I've a couple of
> > old boxes crying out for linux....
>
> Depends exactly which models from the 800 series.  Some of them are PA1.0
> which no-one plans to support.  Some of them have proprietary IO busses
> that no-one seems interested in working on.  Please have a look at
> http://www.thepuffingroup.com/parisc/hw.html and see if your machine
> is in the database.  Some of the machines have different names; you can
> also look at http://www.thepuffingroup.com/parisc/hp9000_models.html

Nice. But it does not tell what state the different machines are at all.
It just lists the machines out in the field but not how far the various
parts are completed.

And that is what I would like to learn from the database.

Hugo.

hvdkooij@caiw.nl	http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/
Use of any of my email addresses for unsollicited (commercial)
    email is a clear intrusion of my privacy and illegal!